Hi my lovely people
I’ve been working with contents of The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz for many years. Over the last 6 months, I’ve really dived deep into applying the principles to my life in order to hold myself to a higher standard in order to grow and evolve.
For those of you not familiar with what this is, they are:
- Be Impeccable with Your Word (Speak with integrity, say only what you mean, avoid gossip etc)
- Don’t take anything personally (Nothing others do is because of you. It is merely a projection of their own reality. i.e. You ain’t the victim, girl)
- Don’t make assumptions (Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want to communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstanding)
- Always do your best (And remember that this changes from moment to moment depending on whether you are fit, happy, health, pms or not etc)
Today, March 30th is the GRADUATION day I set for myself. Haha! I was planning to sit down at a nice cafe with my journal and go through a pack of notes I made re the challenges I faced during the 6 month application period. What can I say? I take this self-development shit seriously. Too much so sometimes.
Just as I was getting ready for my graduation, I ran into a small problem. Guess what?….A bloody exam! I tell you, you just cannot make this stuff up. I stood face to face with a live exam paper in human form.
Right, Miss Cocky, the voice inside my head said, Let’s See What You Got.
The exam was tough. The person standing in front of me had war energy. I took two steps back, 3 deep breaths and then pressed play.
- I spoke with Integrity. Truth Only.
- I remembered that I was a mirror. Lee, this is not about YOU. This is not about YOU.
- I made no assumptions. I put on my brave girl bloomers and asked all the questions I needed to.
- I did my very best. In my sweaty gear gear with a lump in my throat, I did not back down.
I’m sharing my story with you today in case you need a strategy to get through a difficult situation.
This 4 step method has helped me countless times and I am sure it will help you too.
Sending you so much love,
Now off to that graduation celebration I go!